Thursday, April 9, 2009

6 months old!

Wow! Time goes too fast...way too fast! I can't believe my little baby is already 6 months old (today)! I just can't get over it. Although I sometimes still wish he was a sweet little newborn, I sure do have tons of fun with him at this age. He is such a happy little butterball and he loves to have people play with him and talk to him. He is always full of smiles.Davis loves to be thrown up in the air. He tenses up while you are doing it, but as soon as you stop he has a huge grin and lots of little giggles for you. So cute. He has a cute little giggle. He is also pretty ticklish. He also has started to yell/growl. He always seems to be doing it the loudest when we are in a quiet place. It is kinda cute. :)Baby D LOVES to play peek-a-boo. His cousin, Emma, discovered this while we were visiting over spring break. It was too cute. Now Chase gets a kick out of playing it with him and he sure can get a lot of giggles out of Baby D.Baby D LOVES his little toesies. If he is on the floor, they are up to his mouth in a second. He has completely given up his paci...he's too cool for that. I think it's nice in a way, but sometimes I wish he would just take one! He sure does love having fingers in his mouth though. He always has his pointer and middle fingers in his mouth and he just chews chews chews on them.
Davis is such a happy little boy. Tons of fun. He loves bath time...whenever he sees the water start to run he gets so excited. It's really cute, if I do say so myself. We bathe him in the sink and he always tries to drink the water out of the faucet...or even chew on the faucet. Silly boy.
He is a pretty good napper. He gets pretty grumpy if he doesn't get his naps at home. Still not sleeping through the night though. We are working on that.
He can sit up now...all by himself! I can't believe it. He's been doing it for about 2 weeks now. He is pretty good at it too. It's nice to be able to set him on the floor and let him play around. He usually topples over and then scoots/rolls himself across the room.
We call this one "Peace." Haha. Davis is also eating his solids...he does okay with them. It's been a hit and miss. Some days he inhales EVERYTHING you try and feed him and then the next it's a huge fight trying to get the darn food in his mouth. He thinks he is so big...whenever I have a drink, cup or bottle, he thinks he needs some right then and there too. He reaches for it until it gets put in his mouth. He likes water. He also tries to eat anything (food) that you have in your hand. He has sampled quite a bit!
Chase and Baby D LOVE eachother...Chase entertains him and Davis just watches him in awe. I love it. I can tell that I have two best buds on my hand. I am so lucky.
He's been such a little drool monster lately...constant drool.
And this would be why...you can't see them too well in the picture, but I promise they are there. TWO little teefers! They are just barely poking out, but you can feel em! It was kind of funny how we realized it actually. Yesterday I was talking to some people from church while at playgroup about Davis drooling. I said that I thought he was teething and I stuck my finger in his mouth to feel, but there were no teeth there. Well, last night we were at Fresh Berry (SO DELICIOUS!) getting some frozen yogurt and a lady sat next to us with a baby the same age. We began talking and she asked if Davis had any teeth yet. We told her no and she told us her baby had 2. Mom felt on Davis's gum, and sure enough, there were two little teeth poking out! Crazy how fast they come! My baby is growing up! We are so lucky to have our little Baby D. He sure has been a joy and such a blessing to have. I know that Chase, Davis, and I will always have a very strong special bond with one another. I seriously couldn't be any luckier!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are both so stinkin' CUTE! I love their little matching outfits! Heath has the exact one for Easter! :) Great minds think alike!

Hannah Marshall said...

Your boys are so adorable! I looooove little boys and they're sweet/handsome little outfits. Bryce and I can't wait to add some little ones to our family! :) (maybe a girl too) haha

Beth said...

So stinking cute!!! I can't believe his eyes are still so blue!

shari said...

His eyes are amazing. I love the picture of D sucking on his toes. Handsome boys.

Carly A said...

Man he just gets cuter and cuter! I love him! The toes is too dang cute and the one right after. Oh and the one of you throwing him makes me smile.

danakat said...

He is just pretty. You know that?
He is PRETTY. In a boy-way of course. :)