Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day 2010


I love this kid! He keeps me on my toes and laughing all the time! He is so special! LOOOVE HIM!

Me and my sweet little D. LOOOVE HIM!





Pretty roses from Sam, Dad, Chase, and Baby D for me. It made me feel pretty special! :)

We just have the best nursery leader in our ward. Davis wasn't so sure about nursery at first, but he is adjusting well because he has Sister Gish and Sister Barker to love on him. For Mothers Day, Sister Gish made these delicious and darling little cookies for them to give us. I brought it with me to snack on at work and realized I didn't get a picture of it yet, so I had to use my phone on my camera (which I hate...) but I got the picture and then enjoyed the cookie! There was like a chunk of snickers in the middle or something..they were SO good! And look at his cute little hand! :)



This is a necklace from thevintagepearl.com. I LOVE her website. It is a lady here from Tulsa that hand crafts these little charms. When I saw this one I just had to have it because Chase always tells me, "Mom, I love you to the moon and back, to outer space and back, to Jesus and back, around the world a 'souzand' times and back, etc." and it just melts me heart. I couldn't pass this up and received it just in time for Mothers Day. What a special thing. :) This will forever be a treasure of mine.


How come I got so lucky to have such two beautiful little boys? These boys bring more joy into my life than I ever could have imagined. The joy and happiness definitely outways the frustrations and stresses of being a mother. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has placed these two sweet spirits in my trust and care. I certainly am lucky.

We had a wonderful Mothers Day. We had a yummy waffle breakfast (we had my favorite, biscuits and gravy, on Saturday) and then headed off to church. There is always such a sweet spirit in the church building on Mothers Day, especially after the primary children sing. I was choking back tears the whole time they were on the stand. Their spirits are so incredibly strong and you can certainly feel it through their singing. I received a little baggie of kisses from the church, as did all the mothers, a "date night" kit from Chase that he got in primary where we choose a color of M&M and answer a question according to the color chosen. We also got a popcorn bag in it so we can have a movie night. I am excited about that! :) The priamry presidency handed out cute cute plaques that said "Mother, I love you" to all the mothers that work in the primary. I love them! Then I got roses from the boys, baby D's cute flower cookie, my necklace, and a new pair of TOMS shoes...YAY! My best sweet friend, Amy, got me a SUPER cute Coach purse and wallet...I AM IN LOVE! She is pretty amazing! I had a wonderful day and was just in a good mood all day long. For dinner, we had the missionaries over and enjoyed a yummy ham steak, green beans, new potatoes, and ambrosia salad dinner. Daddy bought some angel food cake and strawberries for dinner. Yum! We topped the evening off with a lesson on faith from the missionares, and how we can help it grow. I am excited to work towards that and increase my faith. Then, we got to talk to the Adams family on gmail video chat. It is so fun to see them! Not as good as seeing them in person, but better than just a phone call! We can actually see P's and A's chubby cheeks! :) We had a lovely mothers day and I hope all of you did too!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I LOVE that green dress on you! You look so beautiful! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Mother's day. That necklace is adorable.

kaitlan said...

That necklace is so great. You got spoiled on Mothers Day! But you deserve it so its okay. haha. Aren't little boys the best? Execpt for all their energy. I don't know how I'm going to keep up with Conner when he is older.

Quincy Sorensen said...

You are a beautiful mother! :) I love your necklace and the details from a lovely day.

Beth said...

FUN! And I love that necklace too!

Lisha said...

Great post, glad your day was good!

Sarah said...

Oh how I miss Sister Gish! She was the only one who could get Taylor to Nursery.