Sunday, April 6, 2008

"It just fall off..."

Well, let me tell ya what happened today...the whole family was inside watching Conference today and of course we weren't making Chase sit down with us because that would just be impossible. Well we left the backdoor open so Chase could go in and out as he pleased and play. This morning dad had gotten a haircut from mom and his clippers (that they thought were dead) got left out on the back porch. After lunch, Chase was outside playing and we had realized that he had been quiet for a while. Just as we were thinking to figure out what he was up to he came waltzing in looking like this...Chase immediately said to Nuna, "I sowwy...it fall off!" I freaked! Chase's beautiful locks were ruined! We debated for a while what we should do. We tried and tried to comb over his curls to the left and to the right, but nothing seemed to work...it was just too obvious...so, we decided to do this...
And we got this...

I know the picture is a little messed up, but he's still cute...even with no pretty curls!

Throwing rocks in the river with daddy.

Bread for the duckies!

Doesn't he just look so different?!?! I cannot get over it. Thank goodness hair grows back! Chase wasn't too pleased when he first looked in the mirror at himself...he started crying and said "I want it all back." =( It broke my heart. After the whole ordeal, we went on a walk and Chase was petting a dog and after he rubbed the doggy he rubbed his hair and said "It's wike me!" So, all in all, I think we will be okay. I must admit, I was sad to see the curls go...yes...I cried...but, like I said thank goodness hair grows back!

14 comments:

Cari said...

How totally heartbreaking!! I so loved his hair. I totally understand you shedding a few tears over their lose.

Cari said...

er... I mean loss!

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Oh Lacey!!!! I think he looks adorable (and ready for hot and humid OK summer;))....just think how bad you'd feel if he were a girl! And, of course, it will grow back..... ;)

Lisha said...

Oh, that makes me so sad, but he is still cute, nothing can ruin that! He looks like a little man now, and I see so much more of you and X each in him, maybe because your attention is focused more on his face now rather than his precious locks. It will be fun to see his hair in the various stages of growth now!

Stefanie H said...

hahaha, aww. I think he looks SO cute with the buzzed hair! he looks like a mini X! Its very cute! :)

Beth said...

Awww! He looks so much like X with his buzz. He's still a cutie! I would have cried too.

Carly A said...

He is still so cute. It is kind of exciting because you would have never done this otherwise. Now we know what bald chase looks like! By the end of the summer he will be back to cute wispy curly Chase! It is definitely a good summer cut. Lucky lucky he is a boy and not girl. Haha.

danakat said...

Oh...my...gosh.

But he is so stinking crazy cute no matter.

Melanie said...

I'm sorry it was such a sad incident, he still looks adorable though!! There are a ton of people who do this on purpose for summer, so he's just going with the trend!

Kim Mayfield said...

I can totally feel for you, girl! Kyle did the same thing to himself when he was 3 or 4. I then turned around and did it to him again on accident a few years later, when I forgot to put the guide on the clippers! And, I obviously did not learn my lesson from that experience, because I did it to Josh just a few months ago! Chase is adorable, either way, and thankfully it does grow back!

Anonymous said...

That is funny! Not that it wasn't a sad moment for mom! ALl those cute curls! :) He's sooo darn cute!

My little man, Heath, got mad at his sister and while she was on the computer cut her hair! This was Alyssa! He only took 2 inches off and luckily it didn't do much harm.

Dawn, said...

He looks so big now! This event definitely PROVES his cuteness... not many fellas could go from fabulous curls to buzzed and STILL be handsome! Savannah had her hair buzzed by a little friend when she was 3, my poor little girl... I cried and cried and wished it had been Christian cause buzzed boys are a HOOT!

Fig said...

I think he rocks it.

Debbie said...

Alisha told me about this the other day! I agree that you are definitely lucky that he's a boy and not a girl! I think it's funny that HE was so upset about his hair being gone. He does look like a little mini X now. I'm sure it was traumatic for you, but it'll grow back quickly!