Sunday, October 12, 2008

Baby Davis

Alright, first I am going to start of by saying that I apologize for posting 3000 pictures, but how can I choose just a few of this cute little guy? I actually narrowed it down quite a bit so be thankful! ;) Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Thursday morning started nice and early at 5 AM. I got up got showered and packed a few more things into my hospital bag. We (surprisingly) made it to the hospital on time at 6 AM. (I am late to EVERYTHING I am involved in so this was a huge surprise to be on time...haha. Anyway, we waited for a few minutes and I was admitted and got ready! I was hooked up to my IV and the started the pitocin around 8. Since I tested positive for group b strep they weren't very aggressive with my pitocin until I got 2 doses of antibiotics in. The antibiotics were given to me every 4 hours and it burned going into my arm. Come to find out, they are thinking I am allergic to penicilin. My chest burned and was tight while I got the antibiotics and I had a hive on my arm from it. Oh well. Around 8:15 my doctor came in and broke my water and told me that I was a 3. After that my nurse made the comment "It only gets messier from here!" I hate the feeling after they break your water though...I felt like I was peeing EVERYWHERE...haha. Anyway, around noon I got my second dose of antibiotics and my pitocin was upped quite a bit. The nurse told me I needed to wait to have a few regular contractions before I got my epidural so I stuck it out for a little bit. I finally decided to get my epidural and was about a 6 at this point. My nurse told me to let her know when I started to feel "poop pressure" so that she could check me and give my doctor enough time to get over here without having to make him break a sweat because he was getting old. haha. She was seriously the best nurse and was so sweet and funny. Anyway, I felt some "poop pressure" very lightly and had mom go and get the nurse. She came right in and said I was an 8. About 20 or so minutes later (maybe not even that long, I can't really remember...) I felt some serious "poop pressure" and told mom I thought something more was happening. The nurse came in...I was a 10 and it all went down after that!
Won't be seeing this view for a while...I can actually see my feet now! =) My dad had a lady at his work make this wreath for me...isn't it the cutest? It's made of diapers and has all kinds of little toys, burp cloths, pacis, and socks on it. I love my daddy! He is so sweet! I got TONS of compliments on it at the hospital.
We'll title the picture about "Waiting, wishing, wondering" because that was seriously what I was doing. I was SO nervous because I had a hard time with Chase and I was so anxious to get this all over with.
Just a few minutes before he arrived!
My first glance at my new little one! Davis Scott Freeman arrived at 1:23 PM and was 8 lbs 6 oz and 19 inches long...not quite as big as Chase! The nurse kept telling me that I was all baby in my belly...she was right! Labor and delivery went amazing actually. I was so nervous, but it really wasn't that bad at all. I only pushed four times and Davis was here. I tore a little, but recovery has been fairly easy.
Sweet little baby.
Teeny tiny feet.Chase was kind of freaked out by me and Davis at first. He didn't want to have too much to do with either of us. He was quite concerned about all the IV's hooked up to me. I can't believe how much he has grown up to me! His hands are so huge to me now, when before they were so so so small. He just seems to act and look so much older. I was stressing about having another baby the few days before I was induced because I knew that Chase would no longer be my only concern and I didn't want things to change. I was seriously having a hard time with that. But now that it is all said and done, I wouldn't have it any other way. I know that Chase is going to be an amazing older brother to Davis. Me and my new little man!Happy! We are so blessed to have such a beautiful healthy little boy!
Papa and his little buddies!
This was the first kiss Chase gave Davis...and he only did it because he was bribed with candy...this was the first day.This picture starts day #2. Davis is dressed in his little outfit for his hosital pictures. Chase had the same one except for it was a short sleeved onesie. He looked adorable in it.Chase giving Davis his first kiss on his own free will! He started to really warm up to him.Sweet little baby boyI love this picture. He has some little chubby cheeks!
One nurse made the comment about how our baby was "all decked out."Chase had really been interested in Davis's fingers. I think he is amazed at how small they are.
Nuna and DavisSo like I mentioned, I have the sweetest Dad around. He brought me up a huge box full of Goldnen Corral's rolls and honey butter...one of my most favorite things to eat! They were amazing at 3 in the morning when Davis was hungry! =) I love their rolls and am up to eating there any time I can and will eat 100 rolls haha.This paci came off of the diaper wreath daddy got me. Davis is already a paci lover...he loves to suck on anything he can get his little mouth on. He will nurse forever if I would let him, which is the complete opposite of Chase...Chase would nurse 5 minutes on each side and be done...not Davis though...30 minutes later and he is still going!Little cocoon.This is the 3rd day...Davis is in his little Halloween outfit...the shirt says "Mummy Loves Me" =)
Chase loved wearing my slippers while he was at the hospital with us. Silly little guy.

My boys.

I love this little picture of him with his booty in the air!

Taking a nap. Davis is seriously so calm compared to Chase. He is the sweetest little baby around and I couldn't be any happier. He is so content to just sit and look around.

This picture was taken this evening...Look at those teeny little legs!

Sorry I posted so many pictures, but like I said, how can I choose just a few?! =)

17 comments:

Lisha said...

Oh my gosh, he is seriously SO CUTE!!! I can't believe I am ten hours away and can't smooch those precious cheeks. I love you! Good work!!!

And, how much do I love our sweet daddy?!!!

danakat said...

Congratulations!!
He is absolutely beautiful!
I can't believe you got those great pictures with his eyes open already. He's going to be a great picture baby...you can just tell.

Fig said...

So happy for you - nothing better than a healthy, gorgeous baby! I loooooved the pictures and I'm glad you posted ALL of them. So cute!

Melanie said...

He is so, so cute!! I'm so glad you posted a lot of pictures- they are all so good. Congrats!!

Beth said...

He is such a beautiful baby!!! I miss you guys and cant wait until christmas!!!!!

Carly A said...

I LOVE all those pictures. I actually want more. He is such a cute little guy! I am trying to figure out who he looks like. I think he has a lot of Haynie in him! I love the picture of you and Davis in the hospital bed with Abby on the side... her face is hilarious. Make sure the next I have a baby I am near Dad. He has the hook ups! Love you guys!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Congratulations! He really is so very cute. I do love all the pictures--I feel like I was there a little bit. Chase looks like he'll make a great transition. Hooray for your family!

Cari said...

INSANELY CUTE!!!!!! I love so many of the pics I can't even begin to name them. I am so glad labor and delivery went well. Us gals were actually out shopping together when Alisha got the call that he had arrived. We all did a little happy dance in the middle of a scrapbook store for you. Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! He is so cute! I just want to hold him and enjoy his cute cheeks! :) I am glad everything went well and that Chase is enjoying the baby!

Dawn, said...

We were all with Alisha in a scrapbook store in Destin when we heard the wonderful arrival news! Did you hear all our squeals of delight all the way there? giggle! He is adorable, but no surprises there, just like his big brother. Have fun!

Stefanie H said...

SO adorable :) CONGRATS. I can't wait to see and hear more about little cutie, Davis! (which is a really cute name, btw!)

aunt mimi said...

He is so cute. Makes me think he has some Mayfield in him somewhere. he...he... Thanks for all the pics.

shari said...

Congratulations!! Baby Davis is precious. I love all the pics you took and posted. Thanks for posting them.

Debbie said...

Congratulations!! He is SOOO cute, Lacey! I'm with Carly- I love the picture of you holding him in the hospital bed with Abbey at the side.. haha I also love the one with X holding him and looking at him. Glad everything went well! So excited for you!

Wendyrful said...

Lacey, He is adorable!!! Congrats! My girls thought the pic's with your sisters in the background were hilarious! ;-) Also... I wish we had a Golden Corral here locally. My family loves eating there and those rools with honey butter.... yummmmmmmmmm!
CONGRATS!!!!!! He's a cutie!

Kim Mayfield said...

What a beautiful baby boy! I'm so glad that everything went well for you this time around. We had Alisha giving us updates the day you went to the hospital, and we all cheered when we heard that Davis was here, safe and sound!! We can't wait for y'all to come for a visit so we can see him in person.

AnnaLee & Roger Tillman Family Proclamation said...

Lacey - what a beautiful lil guy. He is the perfect size and I just adore his round face and squishy cheeks. We are so excited for you. Love all the pictures! So glad that we can peek in on you now and then and keep up with your family.