Sunday, October 26, 2008

We are still here!!

We are still alive and well and I am surviving on a little sleep! =) Things have been going great since Davis has been born. The transition for Chase has been 100% better than what I expected. Chase adores Davis. Davis is still just the best little baby...so calm! We went to the doctor this past Friday and he is now 8 lbs 3 oz. He was 7 lbs 13 oz when we left the hospital and when he was a week old. So he is gaining weight and the doctor says that he looks great! I couldn't be any happier than to have 2 healthy little boys. What a blessing! Davis sleeps pretty well for the night (for the most part). We had a little bit of a rough night on Thursday...Friday I worked off of only about 3-4 hours of sleep total. Davis wasn't up fussing...he just decided he needed to be awake...oh well!!
As I was getting things together to nurse one day, Chase asked what "the silly pillow" was for and I just told him it was to wear on your head. He got a kick out of it and put it right on. Later in the evening, he saw me nursing Davis using my Boppy and he was quite confused that I wasn't wearing it on my head. He told me that it was supposed to be on my head while I nursed Davis! I just laughed and had to explain to him that I was just being silly. For the next several times I nursed and Chase saw me using the Boppy he told me I needed to put it on my head to feed Davis! What a goober! The infamous "hurricane." Chase also had a super swirly cowlick like this...Hurricane Chase and Hurricane Davis. If you look close you'll notice that Davis has not only one, but TWO cowlicks right by eachother. This causes his hair to go in every direction possible! Good thing he'll have curly hair! =)Chase has loved every minute (almost) of being a big brother. He is quite helpful when I ask him to get my a diaper, etc. He'll even throw them away for me as long as I assure him he won't get any poop on his hands. =) He usually is concerned about what is wrong with Davis when he hears him crying and often asks to hold him. He is always kissing Davis and admiring his little fingers. I think I have two little guys that are gonna be best buddies on my hands! We tried to keep Davis up for a little while before we went to bed so that he would sleep longer (this was after my night of just a few hours of sleep...which by the way, when I talk to people I feel like my thoughts don't even connect anymore and I stutter...guess that's what happens when ya loose sleep!!) Davis finally just gave up on us and put himself to sleep...poor little guy! He often sprawls out when he is on his back.
Best buddies!

We are thinking that Davis is going to have blue eyes...they are pretty blue and a lot lighter than what Chase's were, but we will see!

Chase loves to have Davis "kiss" him. =)

Best buds Asher and Davis.
Me & my Boys!


All in all, these past 2 1/2 weeks have been wonderful...even with little sleep and getting mastitis (which is miserable!!) It seems like it has been FOREVER since I have had Davis, but 2 1/2 weeks isn't much time at all, but I already can't imagine life without him!

11 comments:

Kim Mayfield said...

He sure is a cutie! Glad to hear that y'all are surviving. I remember those almost sleepless nights, and feel for ya!

danakat said...

OH he is so beautiful!
Congratulations again on your handsome boys. You are one blessed mommy.

Anonymous said...

He is adorable and you look great! I am glad the transition for Chase is going well. That always helps!

My days are numbered until the sleepless nights occur again! I feel your pain...and my soon to be pain! :)

Dawn, said...

Thank you so much for the update, it is great to see more of Davis and his big brother!! You look great!

Stefanie H said...

awwww he is so cute! Love the pictures...By the way, ur Chase has teh STRAIGHTEST nicest teeth for someone his age haha... no braces in His future! :)

Melanie said...

You always have the best pictures! Davis is adorable, I can't wait to see him in person!

Cari said...

Love that 1st pic of Chase and Davis. Priceless. You look so great!

Beth said...

You DO look great! Woohoo, one hot mamma with two cutie boys. The picture of Davis sprawled out is how Addie sleeps. His little legs look exactly like Addie's!

Lisha said...

I am DYING to hold that little one!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I love those pictures of you and your boys. Davis is such a cute little baby, and I am so happy for you that Chase is responding so well. Sure makes life easier! So happy for you! (And sorry about the mastitis . . . I had it five or six weeks ago and was so miserable.)

Carly A said...

I am glad that you are still here and that you have two of the cutest boys ever! Love the sweet brother pictures and tw double hurricanes. No fair that all your kids get beautiful curly hair despite the straightness that we have.