Sunday, October 10, 2010

WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR ME TO BLOG?!?! Oh, maybe because I work 8+ hours a day, go to school full time, and have 2 kids. Good reminder. I wake up at 5:15 or so in the morning and usually go full throttle until about 10:30 or 11:00 at night. It sucks, a big one, but I just gotta get through a few more years and I will be DONE. DONE! I keep telling myself it's for me and the boys and our future and I know all I am doing now will be well worth all the hassle and late nights for a better future for us. Anyway, that's about where I am at in life...work...school...eat...kids...sleep. Repeat.
Davis was quite the helper at the pumpkin patch!
D loved checking out the chickens!
The boys and I at the pumpkin patch!

Chase is L-O-V-I-N-G kindergarten. He loves his friends and he comes home with stories out the wazoo. He likes to buy his lunch, but will take his lunch every so often. One day, he threw up at school "because he ate too much chocolate cake and pizza and two mountains of corn" and ended up making his classmate throw up too. Silly boy. He is getting better at writing his letters and name, although he still has a long long way to go! :) We are working on it though. He can spell "stop", "Chase", and "pop" off of the top of his head. He is recognizing sight words such as "the", "and", "at", "a", and "I" and he will read those words in stories for us. He LOVES books. His favorite time at school is recess (of course!) He thinks it's pretty cool to be able to ride the bus home, but sometimes asks if he can go to afterschool care with his friends, "because they have free food and you get to play the wii!" We didn't get in to any sports this season yet, mainly because I am so so so so busy and just don't have the time, but hopefully this next round we will get into something. Chase is a delight to have around, he will drive you nuts in a second with his many questions and non-stop (seriously) talking. Lately he has been into asking me what certain combinations of letters spell, like "Mom, what does z-r-t-b-n-y spell?" Of course, I respond, "nothing!" His most recent one that cracked me up was, "Mom, what does b-o-o-b spell?" Totally out of the blue. We were in Taco Bell and Chase is not the quietest kid to ever talk. I busted out laughing. Crazy kid. He always has something to say about something and will make friends with the wall. He loves his doggies, computer games, friends, and TV. He is a sensitive boy and definitely loves his family. He plays so well with Baby D (most of the time) and has a great imagination. He loves going to church and learning and singing. He is a sweet and caring boy and never wants to have any one hurt or left out. I am proud of this little guy and couldn't love him more!

Chase and Riley...best buds!

DAVIS IS TWO! I can't believe it. Time seriously flies way too fast. I can't believe it's already been two years since I was blessed with such a sweetheart. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but at the same time it seems like years ago. It's so bittersweet to watch your baby grow up. Davis is a quick little boy and is in to EVERYTHING. He loves ride on toys and cars. He is completely potty trained and he has even been waking up from naps and bed time DRY! He tells us when he needs to go potty and sometimes will even pull his own pants down and get on his potty by himself. YAY! His favorite food is spaghettios. Oh and we are NO MORE BABAS! WAHOO! One night I put him to bed with a baba full of sour milk and he puked up everywhere and for a few nights after that I tried to get him to take one and he wouldn't have anything to do with it. So I just quite giving it to him. He has asked for one a few times but I just tell him "No, you're a big boy now!" He'll just kinda look at me like what the?! and lay down and go to sleep. Yay! He has started to enjoy TV and will watch a show here and there, especially Yo Gabba Gabba (heaven help me!) That show is just weird and whoever came up with was on drugs. Honestly. It does have good lessons though, just done in a WEEEEEIIIIRRRRDDDD way, but D loves it so what can I do? He talks quite often and usually in comeplete comprehensible sentences. My favorite is when I come home from school or work and he goes, "HI MOM! How ya doooooooin?" His intonation is the absolute best. It goes up at the end and is just so darn cute. He also says "sup?" My favorite is "sup pop?" Usually when you give him something he will go, "thank you. thank you mom. welcome." And then be on his merry little way. The other day we were at the gap and D got a big yellow purse and it over and said, "i love dis puwse. i jus love it." So funny. He had the best intonation. Davis has really been interested in letters and he calls them all "ABCs". Whenever we drive by McD's he will say, "I wann nuggets! I wann nuggets!" He loves him some nuggets and "fwes fwies." He also loves water. That is his drink of choice. He's not one for juice and soda, but he loves him some "waaduuh" and "miwk." D loves his big brother and will often copy what he does. He loves to try and help papa in any way he can, often times much to papa's dismay. He will come and cuddle with me and loves to be kissed and hugged. Sometimes, out of the blue,he will come up to me and say, "gimme kiss mom!" and pucker right up. He loves him some shoes and will often find high heels and just clomp around the house in them. Pretty hilarious, and actually quite impressive that he can walk so well in them. He loves his "nigh nighs" and we have about 6 of them...one in ever color...pink, purple, blue, green, yellow, and red. Often times he climbs into bed with 3 of them and when I check on him at night he is usually caccooned in them. D has been such a blessing in my life! We love him tons and wouldn't have him any other way! :)

two years old!

feeding the sheep...

and pigs!


"I wan get iiiin. I wan get iiiin!" (with the goats!)
sweet smile on a sweet boy!

smooshy cheeks!

We had a fun day for Baby D's birthday. We went to Carmicheals pumpkin patch with Lacey, Riley, and Asher, and climbed the pumpkin mounds, went through the dark hay tunnel, and fed and pet a lot of animals. Then, we picked out some pumpkins to take home. We stopped at our favorite ice cream store, Braums, on the way home to buy a couple of gallons of ice cream for his party. We enjoyed a yummy "fwes fwies" snack and then headed home. D took a good long nap, then when he woke up it was time to party! Lacey, Riley, and Asher came over to party with us. I made him a Plex cake (the robot from Yo Gabba Gabba) and we had chili (D loved it!) for dinner. He got a cozy coupe car to ride in, which he has basically been in since he got it. You can't keep him out of it! He also got some Yo Gabba Gabba books along with a few others, a Yo Gabba Gabba DVD and a Blues Clues DVD. The Yo Gabba Gabba soundtrack and a fun Thomas the Train tubby toy (thanks Lacey, Riley, and Asher!), and a fun race track with 2 shake and go cars. All in all I think D had a great day and we had a fun time celebrating his birthday! WE LOVE YOU BABY D!
Plex birthday cake!

taxi service? Asher and D...best buds! :) This was the age Riley and Chase started hanging out and becoming best of friends!
Stinker wouldn't look at me!
This is the "i gooya go potty moommmma!" pose
awesome!
there are just no words for this sweet face :)

3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I always love to know how you're doing! I miss you!

Lisha said...

You look GREAT girl! Way to go!

Carly A said...

Lacey you do look great! I love seeing the pictures of your boys and hearing stories about them. I laughed out loud in a couple of spots! I sure do love those two boys! You are such a good momma to them. Happy birthday baby D. Oh and super cute cake.