Friday, June 6, 2008

Rainy Summer Day

I have been teaching private swim lessons this week at our apartment pool and Chase has been quite distraught that I get to go swimming and he doesn't. About a year and a half ago while I was lifeguarding and watching the pool Chase fell into the water and almost drowned! He was sitting on the edge without a life jacket on and Sam and Abby were in the water talking and playing with him, but then they decided to swim away. Mom was swimming laps when all of this happened. I was busy watching another family thinking Sam and Abby were still over by Chase. A few seconds later I looked back to see Chase's little fingertips barely sticking out of the water. I FREAKED! I ran over and pulled him out and he was choked on water and gasping for air. He eventually threw up and was okay. After that he was terrified of the water big time and it hasn't been until this summer that he has been comfortable to kick and swim by himself with a floatie on! YAY! He has loved every minute of swimming so far this summer.Last night we had a tornado come through here and so it made for a cloudy day today. Today after I got done swim lessons Chase was supposed to come and swim with me. But about the time that it came for him to swim, the rain had started and he was quite disappointed, so I improvised...WIPE OUT!We ended up putting Chase's little play pool on the trampoline so he could jump around and splash.I love all of his expressions.Jumping out of the pool.

This is Chase making Iron Man do a "water-loupe" not sure what that is...

In this picture Chase is showing me that his "tubby" is "too ittle to put his face in the water and to lay on his back and kick." What a booger!

Here are a few fun videos of Chase today.

*Make sure you check my post below! I posted 2 today!*

4 comments:

Carly A said...

That looks like more fun than swimming in a pool! You are such a cute mom and are always thinking of fun things to do with Chase! He is so lucky to have you! He is so funny! I love how he talks!

Beth said...

that is a really good idea! I love his hard little laugh.

Becki said...

What a good idea! I bet my boys would love to try that! I hope you're feeling good these days! :)

Debbie said...

Taylor fell in my mom's pool a week or two ago. I was sitting right beside her on the steps, so she was only under for a second. I know that must have really freaked you out to look over and see him under the water and not really know how long he'd been under. It's so scary, and it can happen so fast!! Fortunately, Taylor didn't seem traumatized. I'm glad Chase is finally starting to like swimming again. He's getting so big!