Sunday, August 10, 2008

Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream!

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE LOVE LOVE homemade ice cream more than anything. I also really like rocky road ice cream so today we decided to try some homemade rocky road ice cream and let me tell you...it was AMAZING! It was so creamy and yummy...so if you're in to homemade ice cream and rocky road...TRY THIS!!

Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream!

PREP TIME 5 Min
COOK TIME 5 Min
READY IN 1 Hr
Original recipe yield 2 quarts

INGREDIENTS:
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup light cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup miniature marshmallows

DIRECTIONS:
-In a medium saucepan over low heat, cook and stir condensed milk and cocoa until smooth and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
-Remove from heat , and allow to cool slightly.
-Stir in heavy cream, light cream, and vanilla.
-Refrigerate until cold.
-Pour mixture into the canister of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
-Stir in nuts and marshmallows halfway through the freezing process.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for sharing, this sounds SO good! Rocky Road is one of my favorites.

Lisha said...

Gotta try that one! Yum!

Fig said...

Homemade ice cream is my all-time favorite food. Who knew we were so alike?

Carly A said...

You know rocky road is my favorite. It is the only ice cream that can always tempt me. You need to switch out the pecans with almonds. I love rocky road with real marshmallows and almonds... DELISH!