Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fun! Fun! Fun!

I have been trying to sign Chase up for different classes, sports, and activites lately. So far I have signed him up for 2 little activites called "Snacks and Storytime". I didn't get to go to his first one because I had to teach swim lessons, but mom got to take him and they had a good time. They read Skippy Jon Jones books and had different snacks and crafts that related to each of the stories. Skippy Jon Jones are a huge deal here in OK! From what I know it is about a little siamese cat that wants to be a chihuahua...(I think). They had quesadillas, pickles, marshmallows, chips and salsa, and more! They made a Skippy Jon Jones puppet, wrapped up their mommy's like mummys, and got a cool hat! This is the only picture I got...I have also signed him up for a class called "Messy Art" and we had our first class this past Monday and Chase had a BLAST! It was pretty fun. We got to the class a little late, but they had about 5 different crafts going on and you could choose what you wanted to do first. The first table they got to paint a paper towel roll and decorate it with ribbons, then they got to paint a paper plate face, next, they had a table where you could color some pictures to put inside of sippy cups, and at the last table they had paper with sponges to paint with and fish magnets to paint. Along the wall they had shaving creme for the kids to paint on the wall with...we spent most of our time with the shaving creme and by the time Chase was done with it his crocs were full of shaving creme. =) Everything Chase did ended up completely green since that is his "favorite color".
Painting fun begins!

Painting his paper towel roll...I love the concentration in his face!

Playing with shaving creme!

Painting the fish magnet...again, love the concentration! Like I said, everything ended up GREEN!

On August 24th, Chase starts soccer! It will be fun and he has been so excited about it! He will have practice once a week and games on Saturday!

So this is completely off of subject, but last night I had a little pregnancy hormonal breakdown and Chase came to comefort me and told me "It's okay mommy, you can eat a bowl of cereal and watch Transformers all day." and just gave me a big ol hug! It melted my heart and made me feel so much better. Oh the things that solve problems for the little ones...cereal and Transformers! =)

4 comments:

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Chase sure knows how to melt hearts...he is such a love bug.

Carly A said...

All those classes sound like fun. I am excited to see Chase play soccer. It should be pretty entertaining. Um and how sweet is that little boy?!

Lisha said...

How fun! And, nothing is better than cereal and Transformers to cure a blah-kinda day! :)

chia said...

i just love this little boy. he makes it worth putting up with him with the cute things he says and does. love love love him.
ps when you were little everything ended up pink... :)