Sunday, December 7, 2008

This, that, and the other.

First off, this is Chase's "COOL HAT THAT KEEPS THE SUN OUT OF MY EYES!" He is such a little nerd! =) We made this hat during Messy Art back in September. Merry Christmas! I guess this is the last year I am going to be able to take Chase shopping with me to get his Christmas presents. Ever since we went shopping at Toys'r'us and got his presents, he has been talking about them NON-stop! Sad day! The picture below was taken at the store.
On Thursday (the 4th) Davis had his 2 month check-up. He will be 2 months this Tuesday, the 9th! I cannot believe it! Where does the time go?! He is still just the sweetest little baby around. He loves to be talked to and will give you a smile and he loves to talk and coo back. He also is SO wiggly! Unless he is dead tired he is super squirmy. He gets quite the temper when he gets hungry and it's not all laid our right then and there for him. That is seriously the only time he shows his little temper! He is also SO alert. He follows my voice pretty well. He also loves to look up at the lights. Whenever I am holding him to my chest he is always trying to get his little head back to look up at the ceiling and lights. He weighs 11 lbs 2 oz. He was in the 50th percentile across the charts for height, weight, and his head. He was so average that it was so unaverage, if that makes sense. The doctor said he is growing well and is the prettiest baby he has ever seen. =) Davis had to get shots at this appointment and it was the saddest thing ever! I layed him on the table while the nurse prepped and he was just a talking and cooing and smiling to me and then all the sudden his face went from being sweet and smiley to total shock and then he just started screaming! It was the saddest thing ever! Of course, mom and I teared up...the nurse even cried! (She is the only nurse that works back there with the doctor-we go to a small doctors office here that I LOVE, so she becomes quite close to the kids there and she is just the sweetest lady!) Anyway, this first round of shots was a little traumatic (for me at least)! Davis' legs were sore that evening and the next day. I felt so bad for him, but he is doing great now!Davis had a little bit of thrush. Dr. Baker recommended that we put this dye in his mouth because it kills the thrush pretty quick and it was a one time treatment rather than having to stay on top of giving him doses. And so Davis had a purple mouth for the next 24 hours. I think these two pictures sum up what he thought about it!
That afternoon we headed to the CCY (YMCA) to get some exercise with Lacey M. and afterwards we took the boys swimming. Chase LOVES to swim and he is getting pretty good at swimming by himself.

And lastly, I walked by Davis's swing the other day and this is what I saw...haha. I believe that Chase is going to be a great Daddy one day! =) He takes good care of his robots!

6 comments:

Lisha said...

I love the update! You have some farn cute boys, I'm dying to squeeze them! Less than two weeks!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

These boys keep my days very full! I love them...wished I could hug and hold all of my grandkids!

Beth said...

Love his blue mouth and love your new banner!

Anonymous said...

They are so adorable...love that Chase is a great daddy to his robots. That's very important! :)

Carly A said...

Davis is the most handsome little baby! Boo to shots! I am glad that Chase is such a wonderful robot caretaker! This is some serious blackmail when he is older!

Lindsi said...

I didn't know what thrush was. I googled it. I know now. You helped teach me something today. Poor baby Davis but man is he adorable or what!