Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's been CRAZY!





With the move and the wedding things have been so crazy! I am so happy to be married and I was very happy with my wedding! A lot of my thanks goes out to Alisha and all of my other sisters in all the hard work that they did in helping decorate and set up! It was a quite stressful day and I must say I'm glad to have that stress off of my shoulders. As always, there were things here and there that I would do differently, but all in all it was what I was hoping for. It was decorated beautifully and overall ran smoothly!











Moving is quite the experience! This is the first big move that I can remember. We moved here from California when I was two years old, so of course, I don't remember it. This move has been a learning experience! I never knew there was so much in moving and we even had packers and loaders at the house doing it all for us! All we had to do was clean the house after they were out and then, of course unpack our stuff. The movers came the day after we got married and it took them three days to get everything packed and loaded...it was definately a hectic time. Mom was losing it and none of us knew what to do. Thank heavens for Alisha..she cooked us dinner a few nights! After the movers were done we had to clean every wall, baseboard, door, the garage, every cabinet, all the floors, bathrooms, and so forth. It was hard work! the house is clean though! (What a honeymoon right?!?!) =) We packed the car up and left on Sunday evening...headed for Tulsa. It's a 10 hour drive and we did it in 2 days since we had a 2 year old and a cat who HATES to ride in cars, and not to mention 6 people in a mini van loaded with stuff! We made it to West Memphis on Sunday at about 1130 at night and checked into a hotel. We got Mihn (the cat) out of her carrier and found that she had ripped 2 nails out! She was supposed to be on tranquilizers but they obviously didn't get down her because they didn't work the first day. The next morning we woke up, ate breakfast, packed up the car (again), and headed for Tulsa. Mihn's medicine worked this time (thank goodness!!) It was about a 6 hour drive, and amazingly it wasn't too bad. Chase had Go, Diego, Go! to watch and it kept him quite entertained.
Watching his show!Mom driving!Abby and Chase!X eating his sunflower seeds!And abby had the camera...
Luckily, we made it to our new home all in one piece! Now, the question is if whether or not we will make it through unpacking all of our stuff in one piece?!

2 comments:

Lisha said...

Nathan sat on my lap while I read your blog, and he just giggled and giggled looking at the pictures! We miss you guys!

danakat said...

First...I love the pic of you three at the top of your blog.
Second...you looked beautiful at your wedding. Congratulations!
Third...I so don't envy you guys that trip. Yuck.
Fourth...give Chase a smoosh from me.
And last...you owe me a comment on my blog. herwigfamily.blogspot.com