Friday, August 17, 2007

Sorry I didn't get around to posting yesterday. It's been quite hectic around here. The kids started school yesterday. They have it divided up differently than what they did in Madison. Here they have an elementary school, which is K-4 grade, an intermediate school, which is 5 and 6 grade, middle school, which is 7 and 8 grade, a freshman academy, and then the high school, which is 10-12 grade! Abby is going to the intermediate school and there are 900 students in her school alone! Sam is in middle school and he has 1,500 students in his, and Lexi is at the high school with 2,400 students! Talk about a lot of kids! From what we have heard they are in the best school district around here. The high school football team is undefeated in the whole state of Oklahoma and it sounds like they are pretty good at a lot of their other sports too. Lexi is going to be on swim team at the high school and Abby is taking orchestra to play the violin. And I believe Sam is planning on wrestling. It should be a good school year for the kids. Sam and Abby have already made friends and Lexi will start school on Monday.





I never knew this whole potty training thing would be so hard! We started potty training Chase on Wednesday and he has done pretty good. He will do great all day long, it's in the evening when we have our accidents. Today, X, Chase, and I went to Target. We took Chase to the bathroom as soon as we got there and he pee peed in the potty. A little while after shopping Chase peed EVERYWHERE! It was on his shirt, short, underwear, and all over the shopping basket. We cleaned him up (luckily I brought an extra pair of underwear and shorts), but we did end up having to buy him a new shirt...oh well. We figured he was good to go since he peed, but not 15 minutes later had he peed everywhere AGAIN! I didn't have any extra clothes and this time it was all in his shoes! We had to buy a new pack of underwear and Chase had to finish our shopping trip in a t-shirt and elmo underwear. What a mess! All in all though, he does a pretty good job. He doesn't tell us yet when he has to go, I don't think he quite understands that concept yet, but for only doing this for 2 days he does a pretty good job.

Such a goober!

This coming weekend me, Alisha, and mom have a scrapbooking convention here in Tulsa. I am so excited because that means Alisha and little Nate dogg get to come visit and I am super excited to show them our house and the area. There is definately a lot to do out here...a lot of fun shops and places to go. I am also so excited for the whole family to be able to come out! That will really be fun...because, by then Addison and Avery will be here! =)

I didn't get the picture of the itsy spider yet so that story is going to have to wait till I get it...sorry to keep you guys on edge! =)

3 comments:

danakat said...

Awwwww...you posted on my blog! Awwwww...

#1: those schools are freaking huge!
#2: potty training sucks! But good luck.
#3: I'm glad you get Alisha for a weekend, but I'm sad I have to miss her :(

danakat said...

One more thing...HSM2 is the best! Glad you finally discovered the joy! And don't listen to Nate about it... :)

cinnamon said...

Hi friend.
Pee-pee races for dad and Chase are the BEST! All three of my boys STILL love to race. (SSshhhhh)
School sounds too confusing there. Cassidy says "Hi and I miss you!!" to Abbey.
We went to the Bob Jones opening game Friday night. GREAT turn out. We thought of you and X. B.J. won against Mountain Brook. We massacrated 'em!! 40something to 20something. (Sorry, can't remember the final score)
We miss you guys. Give all a big squeeze from me!
Cin