Sunday, October 7, 2007

"Gog"

Last night the family went on a bike ride. It had cooled off and as we were on the path back to the car we stopped and saw a few frogs hop across the path. Chase just thought this was the coolest thing ever and he excitedly hopped right behind the "gog" trying to catch it. (He actually accidentaly hopped on one of the frogs...oops. I know he didn't kill it, but it jumped funny after that, I felt bad, but i didn't know what to do for it...) I was so upset that I didn't have my camera to capture Chase's new discovery in nature. Of course he has seen frogs in cartoons and books, but he has never actually seen one and he was so excited that he could hardly stand himself. He truely is a boy. There was a smaller one we were able to catch and Chase got to hold it. He was so ecstatic. You could tell that he was a little scared though, because as he held the frog in his hand, he was shaking. He has never held anything like that before. It was so much fun to see the wonder and amazement in his little face. He held this frog like he was never going to let it go, and he even named it Boo. (all by himself!) When the frog did jump out of his hands, he freaked and immediatly chased after it to catch it again. When it was time to go and let Boo go back to his mom, he was quite upset. He cried and cried. He did not want to let that little "gog" go. As I said before, I was kicking myself the whole time for not having my camera! His excitement was just too much that I had to tell this little story, even though I don't have any pictures to go along with it!

1 comment:

Carly A said...

I am glad to be the first to comment on the last three posts. I wish I was there to see him. I can picture him freaked out to hold it but still holding it. Haha. Too bad you didnt have your camera, it would have been so cute! I love Chase and I miss you all so much. I really hope Mike gets an internship in Oklahoma so we can be with family for a while!