Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Let me put his foot in MY mouth now...

Today Chase had a doctor's appointment at his allergy/asthma doctor. Her name is Dr. Laudy Naimeh...she, obviously, is from another country. She is an awesome doctor but she does, indeed, have an accent and sometimes it is hard to understand her. I think she is Indian...I'm not 100 percent sure though. Anyway, today we were in the room talking with her about Chase and out of the blue Chase hollers out "YOU TALK FUNNY!" I just kind of went red and hoped that she didn't hear because I wasn't sure if she would take it as rude or offensive (allbeit he is only 3...). She, obviously, heard him (I don't know who wouldn't have...) and she just giggled and asked him, "Is it a good funny or a bad funny?" Chase said, "Bad." OH DEAR! I thought to myself, what else could you possibly say to embarrass me Chase!? But again, she just laughed it off and told us that her kids make fun of her accent all the time. Thank goodness! I couldn't help but laugh, but I told her "Sorry!" and she said it was no big deal. Kids truely do speak what is on their mind, especially Chase since his mouth NEVER EVER stops running! He always has something that he has to say or wants or needs. When Dr. Naimeh was checking his ears she made a comment about him not having much of anything in one of his ears and Chase said ,"I have ears!!" He was quite distraught because he thought the doctor said he didn't have any ears when he knew that he had 2 of them! Silly boy!

Chase has been sick the past couple of days with a fever, cough, nasty snotty nose, and he has just layed around and not eaten too much. On Sunday we didn't go to church and that evening he fell asleep on Nuna. He woke up a little bit later and we drugged him up, gave him a breathing treatment, and put him to bed. After laying him down he decided that he wasn't tired and didn't want to go to bed. He was pretty sick, but he had albuterol (which is a steriod in him and that usually makes him jittery), ibuprofen, and some robutussin in him so he was feeling pretty good. After I finally got my homework done for the evening (nearly 11 at night) I headed to bed and found Chase awake playing with the sewing bobbins...OH DEAR I thought!! He had strings out EVERYWHERE and they were tangled every which way. When he saw me he said "What? I just fishin!" I just giggled and balled all the thread up, it was beyond saving, and put him back to bed for the 100th time that night. Luckily, this time he stayed in bed and fell asleep!

Lastly, Chase was cuddlng with me on the couch the other night and he curled his little hands around and laid his head on my belly. He then said "I love you and beebee Dabis (baby Davis) sooo much mom!" Hopefully he will stay say that after "beebee Dabis" is here. He has informed me that he is willing to share EVERYTHING (even his kinky and paci) with "beebee Dabis" when he gets here and that the only things he will NOT share are his mommy and Nuna....oh dear! =)

6 comments:

Fig said...

Funny guy!

I didn't know #2 had a name already! Baby Davis? I love it - does it have any kind of family significance, or just a name you both like?

Anonymous said...

That cracks me up! Kids are honest with their opinions.

Lacey Freeman said...

Just a name we both like...Davis Scott. Scott is X's mom's maiden name and I have an uncle Scott...but we mainly just thought it sounded good together! =)

Dawn, said...

Your Post title was ingenious!

Carly A said...

Oh Chase...

Fig said...

Hey, congrats on being a winner at Seriously, So Blessed! You get a onesie or something! Way to go!