Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nature Walk and Batman and SpiderMan!

As I have mentioned before, Chase would sit in front of the TV all day long if I would let him and so I try and do little things here and there to give him somethig else to do. Last week, we went on a nature walk to find some fun things to make a nature collage with. I remember doing this in Utah with my Grandma and cousins when I was younger and I always really enjoyed it. So, we began our little walk around the neighborhood. We found lots of rocks, flowers, grass, leaves, bugs, acorns, and dried up worms! Chase was quite fascinated with the dried up worms.Chase is looking at a cicada (sp?) or katydid bug in this picture. Mom found a shell that they climb out of and leave behind and we put it in Chase's bag to add to his collage, but when it came time to glue it on he freaked out. He is quite a wuss when it comes to bugs and touching them. He is fascianted by them at a distance, but up close is no good! Below, is the best smile I could get from that little stinker! =) Nearly all the pictures I TRY to get him to smile for end up this way, but oh well!! Here he is with his collage completed! =) I got quite stressed while making it because Chase wanted to pour the whole bottle of glue in one spot, but, alas, we finished it all in one piece! ;) And, we also enjoyed a fun walk together in nature and being a little crafty!

Another day we made a Batman and Spiderman craft. I found these templates somewhere online after I googled for some superhero crafts. I cut out the body pieces and then Chase and I colored them together and we glued the pieces onto toilet paper rolls. He thought these were pretty cool. He played with them and did all his little superhero stunts with them. Slowly, he began ripping them apart and I was frustrated! I worked hard on those dang things! Mom reminded me that he enjoyed them and that that is just what he does! So true...Chase is the ultimate picker, ripper, tearer! He loves to pick things apart! We had a good (sort of stressful) time making them! ;) It was all worth it in the end because he was able to use them and his imagination to have some TV-less fun!! =)

*I must also note that during these two crafts Chase was completely pumped up on 3 different steroids due to his asthma and sinus infection! Whenever he has to take these stinking medicines he turns into the ultimate stinker! He is ancy, wiggly, irritable, and hyper! Thank goodness we're done with them!

3 comments:

Beth said...

You are such a good mom! Poor little man, he has such a time with being sick. :(

Lisha said...

I love nature walks! I'm gonna have to take Emma and Nathan on one. Nathan is the ultimate craft-destroyer, too. There have been a couple times I've sat down and done some kind of fun thing with him, and I'm so happy to spend the time together and see a cute creation, and then minutes later, he is pulling it all apart. Must be a boy thing.

Lacey Freeman said...

I really think that it is Lish, because Chase does it ALL the time! I always wonder why I ut forth the effort when I see him destroying it, but then I remember at least we enjoyed the time together.