Thursday, September 18, 2008

ZOO TIME!

On Wednesday, we headed out to the Tulsa Zoo for playgroup. It was quite the experience getting out there. Mom has been sick and wasn't able to make it so I had to drive myself out there, which I have never driven that far out here by myself so I was a little nervous! I ended up taking the wrong exit and got myself completely lost BOO! I would have only been a few minutes late, but since I got lost I was nearly 45 minutes late. We finally got to the zoo and Chase and I enjoyed looking at some animals as we tried to catch up with the rest of the crew. We even got to see giant turtles doing the deed...lovely. We finally caught up with the rest of the crew to have some lunch, but some left before the rest of us were done with lunch. Then, we headed down to the carousel and rode that with some friends. While we were waiting for the next train ride around the zoo we decided to go into the gorilla house (one of Chase's requests at the zoo...they are one of his favorite things to see...) The gorillas recently had some babies so there was one baby gorilla that was having a good time playing with the kids. It kept stopping and putting it's face up to the glass to see Chase. I said it was probably because Chase is the one that looks the most like a monkey. The kids LOVED that this gorilla was playing with them and kept egging him on. It was quite cute. I got some cute videos. Sorry for the shakiness of them...I was trying to keep up with that little monkey!

The train came and we rode it with Kristen, Corbin, and Tressa. After the ride, they headed home and only Chase and I were left at the zoo. We backtracked a little to do some things that I promised Chase we would do since we didn't have a chance to do it earlier because we were trying to catch up to everyone else. His three requests were: 1. to see the gorillas 2. see the frogs and 3. feed the birds. They have Featherfest going on until the beginning of October. I figured this would probably be the last time we make it to the zoo before then so the birds was a must for us. We got to the birds, got our seedsticks, and headed in. The last time we went to feed the birds was kind of disappointing because they weren't too interested in our seedsticks, but this time was awesome! Since it is getting cooler out, the birds are wanting to eat more and they haven't had quite as many people coming in there. The instant we walked in with our sticks, we were bombarded by birds! Chase thought that that was totally cool and we had a really fun time because the birds were coming to us left and right...until our seeds ran out. It was definitely worth trekking back up to the bird house! We also stopped in at the Rainforest building which is were the poison dart frogs are that Chase loves to see. I think he loves them so much because of their neon colors and then there are neon green and black ones.

Chase got quite a few birds to surround him.


I, personally, am not a huge bird fan. They kind of gross me out, but it was crazy how the birds just kept coming and landing on us. I had one bird that started to try and eat my thumb once my seeds were gone.

Chase loved it that he actually got to get some birds on his stick this time!

I thought that this picture was pretty cool...

By the time we were done seeing what was promised I was completely exhausted! My legs were so tired from hauling a wagon, Chase, and a big belly around and I was more than ready to come home. The car almost seemed to be too far away. I definitely got some good walking and exercise in though! On the way home, I couldn't quite remember where to go and my mapquest directions confused the HECK out of me, so, yet once again, I GOT LOST! I called mom and broke into tears. I was worn out, about to pee on myself, and Chase was screaming he needed to go poop and I was lost in an unfamiliar place. It's pretty pitiful I know, but I have NO sense of direction AT ALL and it was the first time I ever drove myself out there and if I am not driving I don't pay too much attention to where I am going. Anyway, I found the interstate I needed and mom told me where to get off and Chase and I made it home all in one piece. We even made it to the bathroom in time! =) It was a fun but stressful trip, but it was completely worth it because of the fun memories I was able to make with my little guy.

PS--I think I posted about 5 new posts today to do some catching up so you better read them ALL and comment on ALL of them...=)Thank you.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Gosh Lacey,I don't know how you have the energy to do all of this while you are so far pregnant!!!

Melanie said...

I'm sorry you got lost! I've lived here most of my life and still hate driving anywhere, it's a mess. The zoo sounded fun though!

The OK Country Donut Shoppe is on 81st and Yale, it's on the side of Albertsons. The exact address is 8048 S Yale Ave Tulsa, OK 74136. Hope you like it! I really think Chase will love their decorated donuts!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Lacey, you guys have been busy! You must be exhausted! I'm glad you're having fun during these last weeks.:)

The Happy Haynie Family said...

I wished I was able to go but alas I was home suffering from the 'turkey squirts"! Feeling better now though...

Lacey said...

Those bird pictures are awesome--too bad I didn't go! Glad you made it home and to the bathroom in time :) Yet another one of the joys of pregnancy.

Jessica M said...

My kids love the zoo. So fun! Hope your last few weeks of pregnancy go well (and fast)!

Lisha said...

The zoo is always a wear-you-out kind of adventure, but so much fun! I wish we had one close... and how great was that gorilla! He was probably as entertained by the kids as the kids were by him!