Monday, May 5, 2008

Chase's 3rd Birthday Party

For Chase's 3rd birthday we had a party at a park close by to us. The theme was a buggie party! We had right around 50 people there (his friends and their families) and it ended up turning out pretty good...I think! We grilled hot dogs for lunch and had a fruit salad, chips, and ants on a log. Mom and I made 48 buggie cupcakes the night before that were also gobbled up! After everyone arrived, we had lunch, then we had a bug hunt for all the kids. (We hid a bunch of bugs around the pavilion and turned the kids looses to "hunt for bugs") After that I had a little buggie craft for them to make from the foam stuff, next came presents and cake, and then the kids were let loose to play at the park! The weather ended up being pretty nice...a little windy, but what can you expect in Oklahoma? All in all, I think it turned out great and Chase got lots of fun stuff! Thanks to everyone!

Saturday morning, I went to wake Chase up for his birthday and I said to him, "Chase it's your birthday! He stirred a little and yelled "NOOTT!!!" at me. I just giggled and told him "Chase, you gotta wake up so we can have your birthday!" and he then said, "I not like birthdays!" I eventually got him out of bed by telling him that he got to blow out candles and open presents on his birthday!
We started the day off with a tradition stolen from Alisha...birthday waffles! These are waffles made out of cake mix and you get to eat chocolate syrup, ice cream, and sprinkles with your cake waffle! Chase was a fan of the ice cream and sprinkles and I put peanut butter and the Reese's sprinkle mix on my waffle. It was yummy! =)

Chase got to blow out his candles that morning and luckily he did because it was too windy at the park to even begin to light the candles.

My yummy waffle!


Manning the grill.


Chase's cupcakes!


Lacey, Nolan, and Kristin!


The kids on the bug hunt!


Opening presents! Chase got a lot of fun things! X and I got him the Fisher Price digital camera so hopefully he will leave mine and mom's alone!


The birthday boy! I can't believe he is already 3 years old! Can you tell how much his hair has grown? It has gotten really thick and you can tell the curls are starting to come! =)

Cool Chase in his new birthday shirt and sunglasses!

(Make sure you check the post below!)

10 comments:

Fig said...

Sorry we couldn't make it, but it looks like it was a blast! You are superwoman seriously . . . you and your mom both. I want to be just like you when I grow up. :-)

Stefanie H said...

What cute cupcakes! I seriously LOVE chase's new little haircut! He looks like such a little man! CUTE!

Carly A said...

He looks like he had a good time. I wish we could of been there for the bug hunt. You are too cute and such a good little mommy. My kids will be lucky if they have a party, much less a theme party with lunch, a hunt, and a craft! I am super impressed!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was fun! Can you believe that it's already been 3 years? Man does time fly!

Love all the cute buggie cupcakes! They turned out great!

Lisha said...

I'm with Carly, and what a stud he is in his glasses and shirt... he makes my heart melt!

Becki said...

Happy Birthday Chase! How fun. I was going to tell you that Logan started ball last year when he was four. It was so cute! None of the kids knew what was going on. :) Anyway, I hope you're feeling alright!

Lacey said...

That was a great party. You should totally be a party planner amd charge people money for your mad skills.

Dawn, said...

Those cupcakes were precious and then bam... the photo of chase in the car with shades on... now I'm at a loss for words, what's even better than precious!!! He is getting so big, please keep us updated in photos of the curls as they return, so fun!

Beth said...

Love the cupcakes! I remember being at the hospital when he was born... I can't believe he is 3!!!

Melanie said...

Wow, you really went all out! I love the cupcakes and the birthday cake waffle- they look delicious! Happy belated birthday Chase :)