Saturday, May 3, 2008

My oh my how time flies!

I can't believe that three years ago I had a new little baby to love...these past three years have brought so much happiness and joy to my life and I wouldn't trade a minute of it for the world. Chase is so much fun, but at the same time is very hard headed and persistant and has given me a run for my money quite a few times, but deep down he is a really sweet sensitive little guy! I can't believe how fast time flies! Here are some fun pictures from the past three years...enjoy!Chase was born on May 3, 2005 at 12:39 PM. He was 9 lbs 1 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. I was induced and labor wasn't too horrible compared to some of the stories I've heard, but I was also freaked and didn't know what to expect. I remember going to the doctor Monday for a routine check up and having him tell me that he was going to go ahead and send me over to deliever the baby. I went WHITE! (So did mom!) I wasn't expecting it to be so soon and I remember telling Carly that I wasn't expecting to have a baby and that I just thought that I would be pregnant forever...and that that would be fine with me...I was NOT ready! But, thank goodness he came...I wouldn't want to carry around a 40 pound 3 year old right now! Mom and Alisha both told me it only took them a few pushes to deliver, so in the middle of mine after what seemed like 20 pushes, I told mom, "What happened to 3 pushes?!" Then proceeded to say, "I am done...I don't want to push anymore!" I was told that there was no stopping now...luckily shortly after that Chase came. Dr. Nix had to use a plunger to try and get his big old head out and failed a few times...but finally Chase decided to come! It was such an amazing and overwhelming feeling! I am glad it is three years later! =)Me and Chase after a long day!This is of him while we were still in the hospital...it's one of my most FAVORITE pictures of him.Sam was SO excited to have a little boy in the house and to this day is a great uncle to him and Chase LOVES to play and jump with Sammie.This is Chase on his blessing day...he was SO cute huh?One of Chase's first visits to the pool!Me and Chase being sleepy heads at a swim meet.His first pair of shoes. =)From day one all of Chase's cousins and aunts and uncles have loved him so much, and he has loved them all too. If it wasn't for Mom, Lish, and Kiara's help while I had to go to school and work I wouldn't have gotten very far!What a cutie.Playing with Aunt Lexi.From the start, Chase has had asthma and we have ended up in the hospital a few times, here he is about 6 months old and we were in the hospital once again for asthma.My little gansta'.When Chase was just barely one we were at the house and he was running around downstairs with his cousins and another little friend and hewasn't paying attention to where he was going and was a little bit wobbly. He ran into the benches that we had at the dinner table and got a horrible black eye! It was so sad and took almost all summer to heal!Ever since little Nate dog was born Chase has been hooked on paci's and still is...what to do? I don't have the heart to take it from him because it is the only way to get him to go to bed at night...(that is the only time he gets it...) We'll just hope (for now) that he won't go to college with a paci in his mouth!One of my favorite pictures of the little booger! He is about 18 months here.Gotta LOVE that hair!Another favorite. You can still kind of see the black eye. Chase LOVES his kinky's (blankies) we have 3 of them that we have to have all the time!

And lastly, my little booger at 2 years with his Diego doll that Nuna had to do some surgery on.

4 comments:

Fig said...

STINKING cute pictures. What a doll. Happy (late) birthday Chase, I'm so glad to know you!

Stefanie H said...

awwww. I'm gonna say my fav one is the one where he's a little baby in that little robe! So adorable :)

Carly A said...

Oh man I love that little boy! He is just so darn cute! I wish we lived closer so I didn't have to work so hard to get him to like me for the short times we are together... but it is totally worth it. He is such a fun boy to be around!

Lisha said...

What fun memories. I sure miss you guys more than words can describe, we used to have so much fun! 5 weeks and the war is on between me and Carly becoming the favorite aunt!