Monday, May 19, 2008

The results are in...

Last Tuesday I FINALLY got to go to the doctor. We did all the usual things and the doctor felt/"measured" my uterus and said that I was either pregnant with twins and right on schedule with my due date OR that I was farther along than we had thought, but that the ultrasound would confirm which of the two it would be. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a machine for ultrasounds in his office so I had to schedule my ultrasound for a different day...I was lucky and got in the very next day! The nurse couldn't actually say whether the baby was healthy and all that good news, but from what I saw on the ultrasound the spine looked good and strong, I saw both hands and feet and a sweet little face. It all looked good to me! The nurse didn't seem to act like there was anything wrong, but I will find out for sure when I go back on June 16! Of course, there were no twins! (THANK GOODNESS!) and the baby's measurments were on schedule with my due date being October 17....I guess I just have a big uterus...We also found out that baby BOY #2 is on his way! I was bound and determined that we were having a girl, I just KNEW it! But the ultrasound proved me wrong plain and clear! This little one, like Chase, had no shame and made it no problem to see what we were having! The nurse did confirm that we are for sure having a little boy! We are really excited and now we are just trying to decide on names...I asked Chase what he wantes to name his baby brother and he insists that we name him "Iron Man" =) How do you like that for a name? X and I did have Davis Scott picked out, but he has changed his mind about it. He is absolutely hooked on the name Cruize (not sure how I feel about it...what do you guys think?) We also like Roman...but it has been claimed, Jaxon is another that we like, so we aren't 100% sure of a name yet.

Chase was in the room with us during the ultrasound and was pretty good, all though he got a little bored because the pictures weren't obvious to him...but I think it helped make it a little more real and he will talk about the baby more! I will try and get my ultrasound pictures on here.

I have this HUGE fear of being cursed with all boys just like Chase...I honestly think I would go loco...one Chase is great but 4 or 5...I don't think I could handle it! =)

Anyway, we are excited to have baby boy number two on the way! I am disappointed in all the votes I got...5 for boy and 14 for girl, you guys REALLY got my hopes up! =) We are blessed either way, though!

12 comments:

Lisha said...

Thankfully all little ones come with different personalities!

Carly A said...

I thought for sure you were having a girl... maybe he will be a sensitive boy. We needed a boy to start evening out the boy-girl grandkid ratio, the girls are killing right now!

I am a fan of Davis. Cruize...it is a little out there. Maybe I could come around to it, especially after I saw my cute little nephew!

Hannah Marshall said...

Congradulations on boy #2!! I'm excited for you an X:)

shari said...

My vote is Jaxon Freeman. Cool sounding name. It's southern and it has the letter X in it.

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Congrats Lace!!! Boys are awesome...there is nothing like it! Your lives will never be the same! =)

p.s. I vote for Jaxon...Cruize is too much like Tom Cruise (major yuck) and i'm not super into Davis...but then again my kids all have kinda boring names....

Beth said...

I like Davis!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so excited for ya! Luckily they all come with different personalities, but you love them all the same! :)

The Happy Haynie Family said...

I love my Chase...but the thought of another one??...Oh well we can do it can't we Lacey?! I was able to be there with Lacey and it makes it all so real when you see the baby! I'm so excited to have another grandson because the grandaugnters still win in numbers...I will probably need Lacey to have all boys to balance out the others. HAHA

Natalie said...

I'm thinking that I have to agree with Shari, Jaxon with an X cause that's kind of fun plus Jaxton would think that was way cool!

Melanie said...

Congrats! I bet Chase and him will be good friends. I really like the names Davis and Jaxon too.

Mandi said...

Congratulations! When we found out Parker was another boy I was a little nervous because Carsen can for sure be a handful at times, but little Parker has his own personality and he is just so calm and peaceful. Now with boy # 3 on the way I am anxious again, but from experience know that everything will work out! :) Being a mom of boys is great, and I think you will really enjoy it!

Carly A said...

I know you are online because you just commented on my blog SO UPDATE!! I want some cute Chase pictures and hilarious stories!