Friday, May 23, 2008

Sad sad day....

So a few months ago Chase's pediatrician recomended we go see an allergist. Chase has had horrible allergies and asthma from the day he was born and it has been no fun. We FINALLY got an appointment with the allergist, but it was during my work day and I was out of leave, so mom took him. She said it was a horrible appointment. They had to draw so much blood and before that they couldn't even get a vein. So after trying to get blood from both arms and a few pricks, Chase had had it. He was very sensitive the rest of the day. He made it very clear to me after I got home from work to keep his bandages on and that he has "blood in my arm". He was so funny about it. Well today, Mom recives a phone call from his allergist informing us that Chase is allergic to MILK, EGGS, and BANANAS! A very common breakfast for him that he loves! We haven't ever noticed any rashes or any problems when he eats these things...in fact this is exactly what he had for breakfast today! I take him in on Tuesday to figure this all out, but how can you live without milk and eggs? EVERYTHING has milk and eggs in it! Bananas would be doable, but Chase loves them!

7 comments:

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Oh Lacey...I'm so sorry...food allergies are awful, especially when they already know and love the food they're allergic to!!! Maybe it won't be that bad...I sure hope not!!!

On the bright side, if anyone can figure out how to "fix" this for Chase, it's your mom...I bet she'll create some cool alternatives that he'll love!

Fig said...

So I don't really know anything about kids and doctors, but maybe you should get a second opinion? Just to be sure? I was kind of under the impression that eating foods you're allergic to causes serious sickness, right away.

If he IS allergic to those things, that sucks . . . but there are so many soy alternatives to dairy products now, and probably even some egg alternatives. You'll get through it, but it will be hard. Sorry!

Beth said...

Poor little man! I guess just change him to soy milk and they have those fake eggs at the store that actually taste really good and are much healthier!

MCA said...

(It's Carly) Oh man. Chase is one heck of a package! Poor guy. That means ice cream! Seriously poor guy. It seems weird that he hasn't had rashes or belly problems when eating these things. You'll have to let me know more when you go back in.

Debbie said...

Aww.. that stinks! That is weird that he hasn't had any kind of reaction to those things though.

Allison said...

Lacey, email me-I have some information for you.

Allison Miller

Carly A said...

NEW POST!