Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hurray for mommy!

Chase and I have been going to playgroup the past few weeks to get to know the kids and moms in our new ward. We have both really enjoyed it. There are 2 other ladies in our ward and their names are both Lacey, spelled the same way. One Lacey has a 2 year old boy that was born in June, and the other one has a 2 year old boy born in July, and my 2 year old boy was born in May. So all three boys are just a little bit apart and have fun playing together at playgroup. What a coincidence right? Three Lacey's and three 2 year olds...the world doesn't get any better than that! Today for playgroup we went to a park and made kites. This was way too much fun. The weather was perfect, not too hot and there was a nice breeze. The sky was clear and the sun was shining. Not only did Chase have a blast, I really enjoyed myself too. It was fun to visit with the other mom's and to also help Chase make something and then get to use it. There was a huge field that Chase and the other kids were running around in to fly their kites. And, of course, Chase was the only one who managed to nearly tangle his up with 2 other kids. But, it gets better...again, Chase was the only one to get his kite string out so long that it got tangled in two trees in the field that we were in and then preceeded to go clear across the parking lot and get tangled in another tree. When I saw this happen I was sad because he was having so much fun with it and there wasn't enough materials to make another one. Then, I got the bright idea to cut the string and retie it, so i did that. The kite fell into the parking lot and nearly got ran over, but I saved it in just the nick of time. =) Hurray for mom's right? Anyway, I was able to save the kite and we continued to play with it. We had a blast and when I can figure out how to get the pattern on here I will have to let ya'll know how to make these kites because they were perfect for little kids and so much fun. It would be a fun idea to make them at birthday parties or on Saturday afternoon. They are fairly simple too. Let me know if you're interested in them!

8 comments:

danakat said...

Yep, I want the details on those kites! Looks like fun, Lacey #3.:)

Cari said...

How fun!! Yes, please pass on the pattern. I have started and "Idea Box" where I am collecting ideas to keep Noah busy when he gets old enough to be a handful. I love the pics. Chase is so dang cute!

Mandi said...

Carsen would love to make one of those kites too! As a matter of fact just the other day he was telling me that he wanted to fly a kite! I will be checking back for that pattern... thanks for sharing.:)

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun! Pass on the wealth of knowledge:) Heath loves stuff like that and my girls love to make things so, they could make one for their little bro and he can play! Saves me time and sanity :)

Lisha said...

Gosh, I miss you guys... this is something WE would be doing together if you still lived here!

Lisha said...

OK, where's YOUR new post now?!!! :)

Debbie said...

That sounds like so much fun! I bet it's confusing having so many Lacey's, but I'm sure it's nice that all of your kids are so close in age, and y'all can get together to visit.

Lisha said...

Do I HAVE to keep harassing you?!!! POST!!!