Monday, January 21, 2008

Weight Watchers Pasta Primavera with Provolone

This was so yummy, and I hope you guys like it as much as I did!!

Makes 4 servings

1 teaspoon olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 green or red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 cup coarsely chopped plum tomatoes
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 cups hot cooked penne
1/3 cup shredded smoked provolone
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Saute the onions, garlic, bell pepper, and zucchini until the onions are golden, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, salt, parsley, oregano, and red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Pour over the penne, then stir in the provolone and Parmesan.

Now, we added chicken breast chunks to ours and it was really good. I am not exactly sure what it would bump the points value up to, because it just depends on how much chicken you want to use, but it was super yummy!!

Per Serving: (1 1/2 cups) 255 cal, 5 g fat, 3 g Sat. fat, 0 g Trans fat, 11 mg chol, 280 mg sodium, 41 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein, 150 mg calc.

Points Value per Serving: 5 points

7 comments:

Lacey said...

Looks wonderful! I wonder if it's Riley friendly. I'm so sick of cooking meals and having Riley turn up his nose at them. It looks like he would like this though!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe! Weight Watchers ahs some GREAT food!

Carly A said...

Looks yummy. Michael and I will have to try it. Oh and Mike and I tried the Teriyaki crockpot chicken from the recipe book I gave you guys and it is super easy and SUPER good. It looked questionable at first but I have been craving it ever since. Make it and let me know what you think!

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

MMMM.. i bet it would be good with shrimp too. I'll have to try it! =)

Fig said...

Excuse me, Weight Watchers? Hi, it's Fig. Your pasta primavera looks really good, but, um, 1/3 cup provolone and 1 Tbsp parmesan for FOUR servings? I know you're trying to tell us that cheese is high in fat or whatever, but come on. I need that much cheese on MY serving alone.

Looks yummy, Lacey! Chicken breasts won't add much to your totals because they're low in fat and have almost no sugar. Pretty low-cal, so throw some in there!

MCA said...

You need a new post! I am tired of checking your blog and seeing that food! It makes me hungry every time! I want some pictures of the family along with some hilarious stories! Get on it girl!

Cari said...

I made this tonight and Chris and I give it 2 thumbs WAY up!