Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 has come to an end!

Wow, I can't believe that the year has already come to a close! This year went by SO fast, probably because so many exciting things happened.


Here are some highlights from the year...they aren't in any specific order...enjoy!!


First, X and I got engaged...here is a picture. He was so sweet on this day. I, as usual, was being a brat because things weren't going my way. I wanted to go shopping but X told me we had to go do something else. He drove me up to the perfect spot on Monte Sano(he made me close my eyes clear till we got there, and i tripped over so many twigs.) It was kinda dreary out that day and had been sprinkling all day, but when we went it cleared up and actually ended up being really pretty with the clouds over the mountains. He made the sweetest slide show of us with pictures of us from 7th and 8th grade until the present, and at the end of the show he asked me to marry him. It was perfect. =)
Then, of course, we were married on July 31! I know that X is my better half. We may not get along all the time, but I am so very thankful for him. He is such a huge help with Chase and around the house and he is always there to make me feel special and beautiful. I love him so very much and I do not know where I would be without him!
I found out that I really like to ride bikes. I posted on other posts about the "pink bikes" that you can rent around here. I tell ya, Mom, X, and I had a lot of good times on these bikes. There were times where we would ride 7 or so miles on these bikes with Chase hooked on the back.
I went to my first BYU game. In fact, this was the first big football game I had ever been to besides high school games. It was a lotta fun!
I discovered my love for concretes...(unfortunately!) Haha.
We celebrated Chase's SECOND birthday!! Can you believe how big he is?
I have been to the zoo more times this past year than I have in my whole life! We live about 15 minutes away from the Tulsa Zoo. I have also been to the Oklahoma Aquarium quite a few times this year too, because we live about five minutes from it.

I learned that it is possible to live without power for 3 days during an ice storm! (Although, it is not very fun...)
This year I got to see Chase get really excited about the different holidays. He actually somewhat understood what was going on and got in on the fun.

I have battled potty training a hard headed extremely hyper 2 year old boy. Man oh man, has this been a battle!!! Just when I think we got it down, it turns out that, in fact, we don't quite care enough to tell mommy all the time when we need to go potty, especially when something fun is going on. We will have 2 weeks of absolutely no accidents, then we will go on a bad spell and have accidents left and right! I never though potty training could be so challenging! But we are slowly and surely getting the hang of this potty going thing.

I have also learned that I will NEVER have HUGE trees in my yard when I get my own place. I mean they are pretty and everything, but it is not fun raking the leaves up once a week and ending up with bags upon bags of leaves and twigs and acorns. I do not much appreciate the squirrel bombers either. (These are the squirrels that live up in the trees and when ever a human walks in the line of fire they bomb you with acorns...and it hurts...) And these stinkin squirrels are constantly leaving nice little piles of orange poop on the tramp. Gross. I mean it's fun to have piles for Chase to jump in and all...but I think we can do without all the mess...



Wow! Those are just a few of the things that I decided to post pictures for. Like I said they aren't in any order. Upon all these things many more things have happened and I have learned so much over the year.


I got a new brother in law in February. Carly married Mike, and he is just great. I think I am pretty much his favorite sister in law. =) Also, Carly and Mike had baby Avery on December 4! I have a new beautiful little niece!


Jarom and Beth had Addison on November 30! That makes for 2 adorable nieces (that I have yet to see, and it is KILLING me!) They are both darling!


Another HUGE thing that happened this year was our move here to Tulsa. I had a really hard time accepting the fact that I was leaving good old Alabama and leaving Alisha and Jaroms family behind. Moving out here has been a very good thing for all of us. I have made a lot of new friends herre and I am so thankful for them and how welcoming they have been towards us. It is hard to be here without family just down the street, but it makes it 100 times more exciting to be able to see them when they come to visit.


X graduated from high school and was able to complete a college course at the technology center! Yay for him!


I completed my first year of college...wahoo!! Just a few more to go! =)


And last but not least, I have learned so much about the miracle of forgiveness. I am so thankful that the Lord did all that he did to save us so that we may return to him. It's no secret that X and I made decisions, but we are on the path to getting sealed in the temple. The Bishop told us this past Sunday that in one year we will be able to be sealed in the temple together for time and all eternity. How awesome is that? It is something that we both wanted and we are both working for. As I said, I am so very thankful for the power that our Father in Heaven has to forgive each and everyone of us so that we may return to Him one day. It has always been my dream to be sealed in the San Diego Temple...maybe that might get to come true!!



Wow! This has been just a few of the things from our very eventful year...I hope I didn't bore you all to death!

4 comments:

Fig said...

Not boring, very cool! Congrats on the temple plans, and amen to everything about forgiveness and grace - thanks heavens for that. Hopefully '08 will be even better than '07, with no ice storms!

Cari said...

Nothing can compare to how you will feel when you get sealed to your family. The only thing that even comes a little close is when your baby was born. I can't wait for you to experience being sealed!!

danakat said...

I loved it all! Thanks for sharing bits and pieces from your wonderful year. And I cannot wait until I get to hear and read all about your trip to the temple with X your precious little guy!
Happy New Year!

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Oh Lacey, what a great post! I really enjoyed it ! You've grown up into such a beautiful person, both outside and inside (not that I ever had any doubts.... =)). Your blog gives me hope not only for my kids but for myself... forgiveness can be really tough and it's such a big part of the whole plan...but thank goodness for the plan...I can't imagine how empty life would be w/o that knowledge! Happy New Year to you and your sweet little family!

p.s Love the hair!!!! ;)