Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Holidays!

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas! We really had a wonderful Christmas. It was our first Christmas together as an official family. =) Our Christmas festivities started on Friday evening with our ward Christmas party, where Chase got to sit on Santa's lap. And yes, that is a huge wet spot on his pants because, on this particular day, we had a hard time making it to the potty. This was like the 4th time he peed on himself in an hour and we didn't have any more clothes to chase him into...I know, we're such bad parents...

On Saturday Kiara came into town. Chase was so excited and totally showing off for her. The first few days she was called Aunt Carly, but now she is either Aunt Chila or Aunt Carly-Chila. Too funny. He was showing off when she finally made it to the house. Chase had her by the fingers and was dragging her to his room to show her his toys, and then to show her mommy and daddys room. What a goober he is! This is him showing off his muscles for Aunt Chila. =)

On Sunday, we had our big Christmas dinner. Mom made a yummy rib roast, we had twice baked potatoes, a holiday fruit salad, garlic and parmesan green beans, and Mom's homemade rolls. It was a very yummy meal. I made the dessert. It is called Peppermint Mountain Range and was really yummy!


The red part of the cake was peppermint flavored, and the yellow is yellow cake mix with mini chocolate chips. All of the cake mix was yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, and sour cream, and of course the usual eggs, water, etc. The icing was just powdered sugar and milk and then I crushed peppermints on top. It made for a yummy Christmas cake!

We finished up all of our shopping on Christmas Eve (finally). Every year on Christmas Eve we have snack type foods for dinner. This year we had hot wings, cheese and crackers, a veggie tray, chips and dips, and a thousand other things. It was almost too much to eat. For dessert, I made peppermint tarts and muddie buddie chex mix. They were both really yummy! The peppermint tart didn't quite turn out like the picture, but I think they turned out cute. Mom said they looked like they needed to be on the Grinch!

Then, the real festivites started. We did our usual tradition where we act out the Nativity Scene and sing the songs that go along with it. We usually have too many people for our play, but this year we were a little short. Chase was Joseph, but you could not call him that because he is "Chasey", and Abby was Mary. Baby Jesus was a snowman statue...I guess that is what happens when you don't have little girls around anymore...I was the angel. Lexi was the 3 wisemen, Sam was the shepards, and Dad was the innkeeper. Mom was the coordinator and played the piano for the songs, X narrarated, and Kiara filmed. Chase was doing good as Jospeh, but then, halfway through decided to switch roles and to become a wise man with Lexi. He brought about 10 presents from under the tree to baby Jesus. =)

Finally, the best part of Christmas Eve came...we got to open our pajamas!! Chase was super excited and he could hardly stand himself. When he first opened the gift up and saw that it was only clothes, he threw them to the side and looked at his slippers, which light up. He got spider-man slippers with matching pajamas and after we put them on he was running and hopping all over the place to watch his slippers light up!

It finally came time to go to bed and Santa's little elfs (Lexi, X, Kiara, and I) got to work organizing stockings and setting out presents!

Morning came, and we all gathered around and opened up our Christmas presents. Chase, of course, made out like a bandit. We got him a basketball goal, a Diego scooter, Diego's Rescue Center, a Diego Knows Your Name Doll, and some other things. Each year our family draws names and this year Jarom and Beth drew Chase's name. They got him a Lincoln Logs set and a Diego mega blocks set. He loves them both! Thanks guys! I was lucky and the Mayfields drew my name. I got a Noel pin from Emma to wear on my shirt, and Carden got me a glittery snowflake ornament. They are so sweet. From the Mayfields, I also got the most BEAUTIFUL nativity set...that was all handmade by Alisha. I absolutely LOVE it! Also, they sent me a fastenator for scrapbooking which I am super excited about. X got me an absolutely beautiful purse. It is huge and red. I love it! X got a new pair of jeans and shoes, some curve cologne that he has been wanting, and the movie The Kingdom. Together mom and dad got us a really super nice pots and pans set and 2 sets of dinnerware. I am super excited about these because we are getting ready to move into our own apartment. The pots and pans are tri-steel and heavy duty and they dish sets are from target. They are black and white and the salad and dinner plates are square. They are so cool! Sam got an i-touch and accessories and some new shoes, Abby got a nintendo DS and accessories/games, Lexi got a trip to Utah for the break along with shoes and a coat, Kiara got her trip here and a gift card to Victoria's Secret and a picture frame with a really pretty picture of all the girls in the family, Mom got 2 books about Eve and a new purse from us, and Dad got an i-home and we got him a new drill and chocolates. And, for the family gift, we got a 13 foot square trampoline with a safety net! We had a really good Christmas!

9 comments:

Stefanie H said...

Wow! Looks like y'all had an awesome Christmas :)

Cari said...

I love the picture of him flexing. He is the funniest kid.

Debbie said...

I love the picture of him flexing too-- in underwear and boots! haha

The nativity scene Alisha made is beautiful! I think the Mayfields need to start drawing names again, and I need to somehow rig it so she gets my name ;-)

Lisha said...

Love seeing all the pictures, I sure missed you guys!

Lauren Marsh said...

Thanks for all the comments. I am still tryin to figure out how to do all of this stuff! We are in a different house so I will text message you our address. We are in a rental! Your cake looked delicioso!! Chase is getting big. He looks like he enjoyed Christmas. tllwmarsh.blogspot.com

Beth said...

Looks like you had a good Christmas! We missed you guys!

danakat said...

I had so much fun reading and catching up with your family!
Chase is adorable! Those big boots made me laugh out loud.
And will you please post the "official" recipe for that cake? I hope it's fat free...:)

Lacey Freeman said...

definately NOT fat free! =)

Carly A said...

Okay Chase is so dang cute. I love the peed pants and I am sure that Santa loved them too. And Alisha is amazing. That Nativity scene is beautiful. I miss having Christmas with the family and can't wait for next year! I love that he calls Kiara aunt Chila... haha. Gotta love that kid.