Tuesday, February 26, 2008

1 Activity down and I'm not sure how many more to go...

Okay so I am sure most of you have seen my mom's blog, but I am going to bore you and tell you all about our ward activity on Saturday. As you know, X and I are the Activities Committee Chairmen in our ward. I was so excited for this calling because I LOVE to do things like this, but I must say I am so relieved it is over. Now I just have to plan another one for April...
Our theme was "Birthday Bash", the idea was to celebrate everyone's birthday. It was pretty successful from what I could tell. We had a potluck casserole dinner with salad and rolls provided by the church and then we also had 12 birthday cakes...one for each month. We ate and then the kids got to play Pin the Nose on the Clown and hit the pinatas. After the games we sang Happy Birthday to everyone and had birthday cake. We, luckily, had some awesome people stay and help clean up! (Thanks to all you guys!)
We covered the tables with butcher paper so that kids were able to color on it. As people brought their casseroles in they set them on the serving table and wrote what it was with crayons on the table.

All in all I think it turned out pretty good. We had a lot of people show up (thank goodness!) and a few inactive members come too!

In these following pictures Chase had a blast being drug behing Papa as he vacuumed. What a mess!

He was laughing so hard as Papa pulled him along and would have to use his little feet to help scoot him along.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Oh dear, he is a mess! Sounds like fun! Isn't it funny how all of the cultural halls look the same?

Carly A said...

What a fun Papa to pull him along! Chase is so funny!

danakat said...

That's a great idea for an activity!
Did you tell Lisha about it? ;)

Stefanie H said...

haha how cute! That was a really cute idea for an activity! I bet it was stressful to plan all that!

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

I think that boy can find fun anywhere! What a wonderful blessing!!! (maybe not so much for you all the time, but definitely for him!) I love that Papa appears completely oblivious to all the silliness and fun behind him! =)

mrbob said...

Good thing Chase is hanging on to that line . . .if a good wind came by with all those balloons attached to his tail no telling where he might end up. LOL!!