Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Flu

It has been a long time since I have posted. This past week at school, a lot of our students and teachers were absent due to the flu. Well, on Tuesday me and the two other ladies who do what I do were talking about the flu, and of course, I had to brag and say that I had never had the flu. Well, sure enough, I wake up Wednesday morning and I feel okay, my chest was just a little tight. I went to work and throughout the day I started to feel a little bit worse. It hurt so bad to breathe deep and to cough, but I just figured I had a sinus infection. I kept telling myself that I caouldn't get sick, because X and I don't have health insurance!
After I got off of work, Mom, X, Chase, and I met Lacey McMurry and Lacey Carney at the mall to let the boys play at the playground in the mall. I was okay while we were there, but definitely not feeling 100 percent. After letting them play for a few hours, we left to head home and I was saying good bye to X, because he had to stay and work, and I turned my head towards him, which was too far for me, and It just shot a pain through my neck and chest and I started crying. We got home and I took a nap and woke up and felt HORRIBLE! The worst I have ever felt. I was freezing cold, because I had a high temperature. I could hardly breath and I was just so weak. Over the next few days I didn't get to feeling any better at all. In fact, the 3rd day I was sick was probably the worst. I totally didn't have an appetite and so far I have lost 10 pounds! Today, I woke up feeling okay...a lot better than what I was feeling. I still have a disgusting cough and I am pretty weak still, but my fever is gone and I can tell I am on my way to getting better! Wahoo!! I just hope that Chase doesn't get sick, because if he does, it will probably land us in the hospital with him being so young and asthmatic.

And, thanks goodness for my wonderful mom and husband! They both took wonderful care of me and Chase, because I was so helpless.

6 comments:

Beth said...

That is miserable! I lost over 10 lbs with the stomach virus I had after Christmas too. Yuck, hope you feel better soon!

Cari said...

That stinks! I have never had the flu either. Well, if you are going to be sick and miserable, at least you lost 10 lbs in the deal. heehee. I hope you fully return to the land of the living soon!

Carly A said...

Well it sucks you are sick but the best part of bieng sick is the weight loss. I hated getting the stomach flu but it always helped just a little to know that I was losing a little weight while going through that crap. I hope you get over it soon! It is no fun feeling bad.

The Happy Haynie Family said...

This is as sick as I have seen Lacey in a very long time if ever! She is doing better and hopefully tomorrow she will return to work.

Becki said...

It sucks being sick when you're a mom! I'm glad you had people to take care of you. Dan and I got the flu once at the same time, on Halloween a few years ago. Poor Logan had to miss trick or treating to stare at us dying together on opposite couches! I hope you're better now!

Debbie said...

Hope you are feeling better!!